Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Turning Point

Last week, I had gotten the that point of maximum stress.  House was a mess, the kids were running wild, the girls had all been sick and up all night.  We had skating seven out of eight days including the skating shows. I can't seem to find time to do the most basic chores much less bigger chores like organizing that closet where I keep tossing stuff that I don't want the girls to play with. I was fed up and declared, "Something has to change!"

And in thirty seconds, it did.

Thirty seconds was all it took for that little plus sign to develop and tell us that we are having a BABY!

I won't say "another" baby because that just seems to trivialize the event. It is still a big deal for us.  I still look around amazed that my little girls are here. I'm still enjoying Julia's snuggly, baby sweetness. The memories of new babies are so fresh in my mind that the thought of getting to do it all over again? Pure joy!

Now, I'm floating in that peaceful, blissful joy.  I'm going to ride this wave as far is it will go because there's a good chance next week that I'll be lying on the couch too sick to move. ;)

9 comments:

Juanita83 said...

Congratulations!!

Karen said...

Congratulations!

Carissa said...

Congratulations!

Deborah said...

How wonderful!!

The Henrys said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family! Praying for a healthy pregnancy with no nausea:)

Nancy B W said...

EEK! So exciting! Congratulations! :)

andrea said...

Ca-razy! And so very exciting! My first thought, I must admit, was, "is it a boy or a girl!"

So very happy for you. :)

Andrea

Danielle said...

That's hilarious!! Probably wasn't the something that you were thinking of. Lol I've been wondering for the last few days if I should test for the same thing. Like Mrs. Duggar's sentiments... sometimes I look around and see all the children we would be missing if we had spaced them farther apart. (or something to that effect) God know's best. What a blessing!! Congratulations!

Davene Grace said...

Oh my goodness, how exciting!!! That certainly does change everything, doesn't it?? :)

And I'm with you on the "another baby" thing. With our four boys in a row, I felt that particularly with the "it's another boy" phrase. No, it's not another boy. It's THIS boy, and he's uniquely different from any other boys we've ever had! :)

I pray that this pregnancy continues to be a time of sweet joy for you...and hopefully good health, too! :)