Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy First Birthday Julia!-





















The first photos are from the Saturday photo shoot with Tyler.  Julia and I were so sick with the flu.  Coughs, fevers, stuffy noses. It was a pretty short photo session.  The flu went through our whole family but we're finally on the mend.  For Christmas, I bought myself nesting cookie cutters and finally got to use them for Julia's birthday cake.  The girls really look forward to making the cakes. Julia's was made from sweet potatoes and Yukon gold potatoes.  I baked them first so they were soft enough for her to eat. I also pressed ground venison into the stars for the little girls and into the large flowers for the adults.  So yummy and fun!  Dinner ended with a phone call and cousins singing "Happy Birthday."

And just like that we have a one year old!  Although, since she is no where close to walking, we get to enjoy her sweet little baby-ness a while longer. She will not let me spoon feed her so she only eats what she can feel herself.  Avocados, sweet potatoes, cooked beans, the inside of peas, pears, bananas.  I need to try baked apples. She's not a fan of canned peaches. I don't feed her any grains, eggs or dairy because of my allergies.  She still nurses about four times a day.  She really like the sippy cups too, but she only really gets that if I leave her with some one.

Julia is very serious about her thumb-sucking but I know we need to end that habit in the next couple of months.  I will sew socks on her p.j.'s like I did with Amanda which means I need to do it before the weather warms up.  I figure if I wait until next fall it will take longer and be more traumatic.  So probably by March.  Until then we'll enjoy that little bit of sweet peace when she lays down and pops her thumb in her mouth.

3 comments:

Juanita83 said...

Happy 1st Birthday Julia!!

The Henrys said...

Happy Birthday Julia! She is looking so grown up. Sorry you all had to deal with the flu:( I loved her "cake" Thanks for sharing what you made it from, I was wondering. You have such great ideas!

Davene Grace said...

Awwww...happy birthday, Julia! I can hardly believe it's been a year already! I remember waiting so eagerly to hear the news about her birth. :)

I love her "cake"! :)