Friday, December 14, 2012

Satiny Surprise

Last winter, I bought Amanda and Ana satin-lined hats from Curly Zebra.  They are the only hats I allow my curly girls to wear to protect their hair from friction and breakage.  Even though the girls have satin and silk pillow cases, they have discovered their hair stays nicer in bed if they also wear their hats.  Tali wanted to copy Amanda and Ana so she was wearing her fleece hat to bed and waking up with horribly matted curls.

So I order her a hat too.  Unfortunately, I ordered wrong because I couldn't remember what size hat we had ordered last year.  But when Tali saw it, she was so in love and squeezed her big head into the tiny cap and wore it non-stop for several days. It didn't work well at night because it kept popping off and I was woken several times to help her find her hat.

When I got notice about another free shipping event from Curly Zebra, I ordered another hat for Tali and communicated with the owner to help me get the right size.  I know from last year she would have been willing to take the small one back and make me a new one, but I have a friend who adopted a little girl a couple of months ago so I knew she would use it. That's why I just let Tali wear it and spared myself the drama of separating her from her new hat. ;)

I was pretty excited when the package arrived but was a little concerned when I opened it and saw colors that I hadn't ordered.  At first, I was worried that we got the wrong order. Then I found Tali's hat and thought, "Oh no, she shipped me somebody else's hats too!"  And then I read the note.  The hat's that Tali and Ana are wearing are "seconds" or hats with imperfections that she gave to me as a "Thank you!"  What a treat!  The girls love them and have been wearing them constantly.  Thankfully, we had a third pill box hat for Amanda.  I had ordered one with Amanda and Ana's hats last year.

We prefer the chullo hats with tassels that can be tied under their chins for playing outside but these hats will be super cute for church when we are just in and out of the car. And isn't that just the cutest picture of my three adorable little girls?!  They are just too cute.  Especially when they are loving each other so nicely instead of fighting. :)

3 comments:

snekcip said...

Its a beautiful picture of the girls!!

The Henrys said...

That is such a cute picture! They are sure growing up quickly. I wish I had known about these hats for a few of our foster babies!

Sarah's momto16 said...

Thank you for the kind comment and your understanding. Hugs. :)