Sunday, September 2, 2012

Stuff

 When Julia was in her bucket seat we always kept the stroller frame beneath her seat like this. I didn't think the double stroller would fit under there but it does. Perhaps not with Mike behind the wheel but I'm short so it works.
 I happy to have the extra space in back for the three little bikes. Although, my sister in law just loaned Amanda a new pair of roller blades so she prefers to roller blade instead of ride her bike.
This is the garden next to our deck. I planted all the left over seeds from last year. Carrots, kale, spinach and the saved squash.  Then I added a couple of tomato plants when I moved the extra squash plants to the big garden.
The big garden has squash, beans and peas. My plan was to use the beans and peas to improve the soil quality but the have been producing wonderfully.  This spot was where the former owner had his garden years ago.  I think the pine trees were a bit shorter then.  It worked because the peas were shaded and cooler so they did well even though I planted them so late.  However, now that the sun in sinking everyday more and more of the garden is in the shade for most of the day.  I'm already making some to dig up a new garden spot next to the garage.  Because it's on the south side of the house it will be good for early and late plants like peas, kale and squash.  I'm already looking forward to next years garden season. Good ice skating starts soon to keep me busy until then. Ha!

No comments: