Thursday, September 6, 2012

Raising the Bar

When I posted about Amanda's cake on Facebook, my sister commented about some kind of fruit carousel commercial. I haven't seen the commercial but I did find a horse cookie cutter mixed into my mom's collection that I looked through for Amanda's cake. This is what we made for my sister's birthday. Her birthday isn't until Saturday but I had all the fruit and wasn't sure it would last until the weekend. Plus I wanted to bring it to her work to show off a little. ;)

It was so much fun and the girls were so excited by the time we got it all put together.  My sister and her co-workers loved it. We used watermelon, pineapple, grapes, cantaloupe, and golden honeydew melon plus toothpicks to hold on the stars and kabob sticks for the heart and horses.  There are so many creative possibilities!

4 comments:

snekcip said...

Katie I saw this on FB!!! I truly thought this was a picture you found on pinterest and I "liked" it!! I soooooo gotta make this for my daughter in laws baby shower next week. Inbox me DEETS on fb pls m'am!! This is sooooo awesome!!!

snekcip said...

Ohhhh HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SISTER!!!! :)

Danielle said...

Wow! Too pretty to eat! That is really neat.

Davene Grace said...

Wow! That's fantastic!!! You are so talented...I'm seriously impressed!!! :)