Friday, August 31, 2012

More biking. Total coincidence that the middle girls' bikes match their shirts.  Tali is constantly asking to go for a bike ride since upgrading to this two-wheeler.
 The girls dorm. It been working out to have all the girls in the same room. I lay down with them for naps and at bedtime until they fall asleep or I do. ;) I then get up and do chores or go to bed in my own room. We keep rearranging based on who needs what. Amanda used to sleep in the big bed with me but she was driving me bonkers with her wiggling. Tali used to be in a crib but she made so much noise banging the bars. This bed is much quieter. In fact, she managed to sneak out the first night and go play in the bathroom. At that point, I pushed the double bed right up next to her bed so she had to crawl over me to get out. Of course, I forgot to move that stool from the end of her bed so she still was able to get out without climbing on me. Tali has the most sleep trouble. She wakes up crying often. For a while there, she would wake up and stay wake for two hours. Calling out for me about every 1/2 hr with a different need: drink, potty, cover me up, can't find my bunny, etc. One night she even said, "I just want to BE with YOU!" Sweet, but I started making her get up and take care of everything at once.
 For the most part, they don't wake each other up. No, they usually wake up at different times during the night instead of all getting up together. Julia sleeps in the large walk-in closet. I can lay down in the big bed and nurse her if she needs to and then put her down to go to sleep.  When we first move here, she was still needing to be rocked to sleep and it was a two-hour process. Laying down to nurse her was really helpful and shortly after moving here she began sucking her thumb.  Now she usually goes to sleep very quietly. There is a baby monitor in the closet so I can hear her right away if she wakes up and she won't wake the other girls. There is also a noise machine going in the closet and a fan in the big room to help drown out the extra noises.


 Here's we are playing more Pooh Sticks. This is our new favorite park.  It's really close to our house with a playground, paved trails, hiking and this fun bridge which crosses over to another playground near my aunt and uncle's house.


 The bridge is pretty high up from the water so it was a little tricky to see the pine cones. Maybe we'll try sticks next time.
 I still push Julia in the double stroller. I looked into buying a single stroller since the little girls ride their bikes but this stroller has the best sun shades and there's room for extra stuff. Plus I figured out how to get it to fit underneath Julia and Tali's seats in the van so there's room for the bikes in the back.
 Julia is seven months now. She has been rolling all over and is getting up on her hands and knees a little. We've never had room to keep a play yard in the living room so I didn't think of setting one up until just recently. It's nice to keep the baby spit-up off the carpet and I don't have to worry about Julia getting into the little stuff that the girls leave laying around.  Julia is over 22 lbs which means she moved up to a convertible car seat. She is wearing 18 month clothing.  Winter is going to be a little tricky because she has a very long and chubby torso but short arms so the sleeves are too long.  A few times, she's woken me up because she couldn't get to her thumb because the sleeve of her jammies had unrolled.


She is just starting to sit up a little better by herself for brief periods. My babies who are mobile early tend to not like to practicing sitting. They'd rather just roll over and MOVE! She seems really interested in what we are eating but I am SOOOO not ready to deal with that whole mess yet.  We'll keep her on just milk for a little while longer.

I just took Tali to the potty for the third time since about 3:30 am. It's now 5:30 am. I'm going to try to get a bit more sleep but it's likely that Ana will be waking up soon. I usually have her lay on a mat in our room when she gets up so early. One by one, everyone ends up in our room until I decide it's time to get up because there's hope of any one falling back to sleep. :)

No comments: