Monday, June 4, 2012

Saying Good-bye

I had a list of people that I wanted see before we moved.  Unfortunately, due the reality of life with four small children and an ill-timed string of viruses, we didn't get very far.  We did get out to see Ted and Sue and the ponies.  This picture of the girls heading out the barn is especially nostalgic for me.  Such good memories of coming here with my boys and the new delight for my girls.


They also have some horses that were boarding at the farm.  It is amazing that Ana was getting so close.  In the house, she was screaming and crying because of the dogs and cats.  I guess she's learned the value of a fence.
Tali preferred to stay back at a safer distance.

Soooo close!  This was as close as Ana let the horse get and was already pulling her hand away.



One of the many places and faces we are going to miss.*

*Before you feel too sorry for my girls, my sister leaves only a few minutes away and has horses and we've made plans for Amanda to ride in a lead line class this summer.  So no worries.  My little girlies will be able to learn to love horses in the new house too.  

2 comments:

Danielle said...

What a blessing to live so close to your sister! My sister is moving back to Indiana from Texas the end of the month, but she will still be 2 1/2 hours away.

snekcip said...

I hate GOOD-BYES!! Nothing like wonderful neighbors! I can tell you one thing, Bre would have been OVER THAT FENCE in a heartbeat! She just asked me on Friday on the ride home from school could we "find a farmer and ask can we HAVE his horse so she could ride him"!! Lol!! That child loves all types of animals, especially HORSES!! I have to agree w/Danielle, it is indeed a blessing to live close to your sister. Learning to RIDE HORSES is gonna be so exciting for Amanda! Lucky her!!!