Thursday, May 24, 2012

We've survived Day One of packing.  The packers arrived about 45 minutes before our neighbor came to take the girls.  Ana was terrified and I could not walk more than two feet away from her.  When I finally got down to the laundry they had already packed up my dirty laundry.  Ha!  I did ask him to unpack it.  Some of it was a little wet and it will be a few days before I can get it done again.  They moved really quickly and I tried to stay two steps ahead and save the things I needed.  I spent the day very anxious that they would pack something up that I really needed.  Like my shoes or purse or keys or something.  They were actually really good about asking about things they assumed we'd need.

I went and got the girls around lunch time to feed them and put them to bed.  I had asked the guys to pack the bedrooms first.  Everybody napped for a little bit.

By about 3 pm they had everything packed up and were ready to start doing some loading but it was pouring rain and thundering.  They decided it might be a good idea to try to back the semi up to the garage door so they could load without things getting wet.

Residential area.  Gravel road.  Pour rain.  Semi truck.  Hmmmm.  Can you picture the scenario?  Yep.  Bright orange semi truck jack-knifed in our driveway.  Nice.  The best part?  Mike just called the guys at the lumber yard and they came with the 1/2 ton pick-up and pulled the truck free.  I couldn't believe it.  Mike said they pull loaded truss trucks off muddy job sites on a weekly basis.

They did manage to get the truck backed up and loaded quite a bit of stuff.  It seems like there's still a lot left but they don't expect that to take very long.  We are sleeping in our own beds tonight.  Well, I really should be my own bed.  We won't have Internet until next week so I'll see you on the flip side!

No comments: