Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Quick Update- For real!

I've been trying to do some school with Amanda at naptime. She loves it and she loves to practice her writing. My boys never did this. They always hated those pages that just had you practice the letter over and over. Amanda filled up three pages with letters in one sitting. She is starting read. She's recognizing more words and can sound them out although she's more likely to guess than sound out a word.


I figured out how to make my double stroller and triple stroller. I lay the rear seat all the way down and have Tali or Ana sit at the back with a blanket behind them for comfort. Then Julia gets buckled in between their legs. The toddlers love it and fight over who gets to hold the baby. Amanda loves it because then she gets to ride her bike and I can jog for a little bit. She asks me to keep jogging but I told her I needed more practice. :)


Julia is growing up and calming down. She used to have trouble staying asleep in the evenings and for a long time, I would have to rock her to sleep and then go lay down with her to keep her asleep in the evening. Sometimes I would have Mike hold and rock her while I got chores done and then I would go to bed with her. After her middle of the night feeding, I could lay her in her bed and she would stay asleep though. Now, she often goes to bed by 8 pm and sleeps until about 3-4 am. She will fall right back asleep and will sleep until 8 am sometimes.


Amanda found this headband in the the dollies and put it on Julia and then asked me to take a picture. I was surprised to see that the headband sort of matched the sleeper. We did get them both from the same person so maybe they came together. (Blogger flipped the image and I've learned from experience that it will not correct itself no matter how many times I try to reload it.)




Ana asked to hold the baby and then asked me to take a picture. Julia is pretty enamored with her sisters too. She smiles and coos at them and is always trying to catch their eye. I think she is going to have a special bond with Amanda because Amanda often takes the time to talk Julia while I'm changing her diaper and hold her while I'm busy keeping after the toddlers. The toddlers like to hold her and chat with her but their attention span is so short that by the time Julia can focus on their faces and smile, they have found something else they want to do.



10 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful girls! I love the smiles on Ana's and Tali's faces while holding Julia -- so sweet!

e&e said...

I love the stroller picture, but I don't see Ana. Is she that squished? ;)
elisa

snekcip said...

That baby girl is stunning~~as are ALL your babies!!!

snekcip said...

PS Tell Amanda "Good job". We are also in the READING/RECOGNIZING words. Bre LOVES to read. In fact, in her backpack y'day was a info sheet for registration for classes for pre-k (entering Kindergarten) that I have a GREAT interest in. I was a little disheartened that most of the classes take place during the time "I work". I did see ONE class from 7:00-9:30. Which is QUITE late for me and not to mention Bre. I'm gonna call and see what that entails though. We work really hard at home on "sounding out words" and recognizing them. She can actually read the "brown bear" book. I think it's more the SIGHT WORDS that are really easy for her to comprehend although she think every word that contains a "oo" is the word LOOK. :)

Danielle said...

That's a great idea for the stroller! I'll have to remember that.
I'm glad that Julia is sleeping better for you. Simon is better too, he almost always sleeps from 9:30 or 10:00-5:00. Isn't it fun to have a baby in the house?! I'm impressed with Amanda- my boys didn't want to write letters either. My six year old is struggling with it today,in fact. Congratulations on selling and finding a house so quickly. Sorry you had sick children during showings. Someday that will seem funny. ;)
Have a great day!

Monica Brown said...

So Cute!

Monica Brown said...

love that you guys are Christians and not afraid to show it! Thanx!

Dionne Sincire said...

love all of the pictures! it sounds like your girls will grow to have a special bond!

~cody said...

That last comment was mine -- I think I was signed in under something else. Anyway, I hope your move goes smoothly and that all of you feel at home as soon as possible :).

Nur Qalbi Rustan said...

very nice picture,,, i loved it..!!
nice work...