Friday, March 2, 2012

Have you been missing Tony?

Tyler went through a phase from about 13 to 16 when he didn't want his picture taken and would avoid it at all costs. He wouldn't smile and would cover his eye with his long hair. It was very frustrating to me because it was right about the time we were trying to do adoption profiles and sending out family pictures because everyone wanted to see all the kids together. However, when Tony hit the same stage, I was mentally prepared and let go of the expectations for the perfect family picture.


He's just now starting to get out of that phase and allowed some picture taking the other day.









Okay, well maybe he's still hiding his face but at least he was smiling. He was heading out to play with his airsoft gun with the neighbor. It was what he purchased with his Christmas money from Mike's parents.


The first time the girls and I saw him dressed up like this, we were coming back from a walk and he was coming back to the house from the other direction. Amanda said, "Mom, what is that?" I said, "I thinks it's a Tony."

2 comments:

Davene Grace said...

For some reason, the last paragraph makes me think of Winnie the Pooh, when he and Piglet are following the mysterious footprints (that they themselves are making), and Tigger is up in the tree, and he calls to them and scares them. I have no idea if you'll know what I'm talking about! :)

It IS nice to see some pictures of your boys on your blog, too! I'm sure mine will get to the point of not being quite so eager to pose for photographs, too. :)

Mike and Katie said...

Ha, ha! I do remember that story, Davene. So funny!