Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hair Cuts

I've had this idea in my head that my success regarding Amanda's hair care is measured by the length of her hair. Amanda's was almost down to her waist. When she would lean her head back to have me rinse, it was past her waist. Very pretty, but very time consuming. And she doesn't even like to have her hair down in any way shape or form. It's been over a year since she's worn her hair free for anything more than pictures. During hat season, she wants her hair all up in a bun or something so she can't feel the braids under her hat.


To make things simple and cut back on hair time, I gave her a hair cut. I didn't even detangle it completely before cutting. I just took her braids out and starting cutting off the ends. Then I added some hair butter, combed it out, and finished cutting the hair that was missed. I cut off about six inches. I am finally sending in my pony tail for donation that I got cut off when I was pregnant with Tali and I briefly pondered cutting Amanda's for donation. I wasn't ready to go that short with her hair.



Detangling, washing and styling went so much faster today! I use pony o's on smaller sections to keep it looking neater and to minimize breakage. The braids keep the hair from tangling and from losing too much moisture and then the final pony on the top of her head keeps the braids off her neck. This will last about three days before I need to freshen up the braids. Sometimes longer if she takes care of her hair and doesn't roll on the floor, put blankets on her head or play with it at night.


I decided to cut Tali's gnarly mullet off too. It was always a tangled mess even though I tried to keep it in a pony tail. On more than one occasion, she had gotten the end of her bib strap caught in the mess too.

She's still got plenty of cute curls!


This should save some time and tears on Sunday mornings and maybe they won't look like total ragamuffins the rest of the week.

2 comments:

The Henrys said...

I am impressed! I have always been afraid to cut my children's hair myself:) They both have such beautiful hair!

La Familia Garcia said...

Looks great! Love the hair cut, you have pretty much mastered doing her hair! That's something to be proud of! Great idea on saving time, too