Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Second Birthday, Talitha!

Yep, these fruit and veggie cakes are definitely going to be the new tradition around here. The girls really think they are a lot of fun and want to try a little bit of everything. We'll work on improving the presentation and it will be fun to have different fruits and veggies in different seasons.





It took all morning but we finally convinced Tali that she was two. She kept saying, "No!" but that her response to everything these days. ;) She didn't want to blow out the candles because she just wanted to dig into the cherry tomatoes. Those were the favorites and the first to disappear. Tali also ate the apples and sampled the cucumbers. Ana ate tomatoes, oranges, apples, cucumbers, and celery. She sampled the peppers. Amanda ate everything after arranging it all neatly on her plate. We didn't get to the pineapple so we'll try that at snack time.

Tali has definitely hit the "trying twos." "No" has been her favorite word and she's been very spunky and argumentative. She is very verbal and I am amazed by the number of songs she knows and can sing. She is doing some potty training. I'd like to just put away the diapers and get her trained but I'm not prepared to deal with poopy accidents in underwear. No fun! She goes potty on the toilet quite a bit and has gone #2 once or twice. She had been in disposables since Julia was born and when I finally started doing cloth with her again she complained that they were too big. Ha, ha! That's a good reason to get potty trained, Honey!

We switched her into a toddler bed this week too. It's gone okay. She was being a stinker about bedtime anyways so I decided to go for it. For the most part, she stays in bed but she fusses when it's time for bed and she's been waking up in the middle of the night fussing since she was sick around the time Julia was born. Usually about an 1 hour after Julia falls back asleep, Amanda comes into our room complaining that Tali is crying. Why can't she wake up when I'm already up? I hope she gets back to a normal sleep pattern soon.

We've been spending a lot of time at Reading Bear this week. We all sit in the big chair while I'm nursing Julia and go through the presentations. It was intended as a reading program for Amanda but I can see how it will improve the little girls' vocabulary. Plus it keeps everyone safe and engaged while my hands are full. ;) Thanks to Deborah at My Little Homeschool for sharing Reading Bear with us!


I hear the birthday girl waking up from her nap. It great because I can send Ana or Amanda to tell her she can wake up instead of having to lift her out of bed. Nice!

3 comments:

Larry Sanger said...

Hi, Larry Sanger from Reading Bear here. Can you email me (via larrysanger.org) if you notice your little ones learning to read early? I think it's possible to teach tiny tots to read, and I am VERY curious about any little ones using the program.

The Henrys said...

It is so nice to catch up on everyone's blogs! Happy Birthday to Tali:) She sounds like my daughter when she was 2! Also, congratulations on your new baby girl! She is beautiful. I love hearing how you are able to get things done with so many little ones. Thank you for sharing all of your good mothering techniques:)

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Tali!!