Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Still Pregnant

I bet you were hoping my lack of posts meant the baby had arrived. I wish that were the case. I thought for sure I was going to go into labor on Saturday. I woke up with spotting, a sign that labor could start soon, walked all around the winter festival with lots of pain and backache, was kept up during naptime with pain and a very active baby then nothing. Sunday I saw more spotting in the morning and Monday I had spotting all day. I also started having more pain and contractions in the afternoon and around midnight I had some pretty painful ones and started to feel nauseous and shaky. We called our babysitter and headed to the hospital. I only had a few contractions on the way over and hoped that once I could relax at the hospital they would pick up again.

Much to my disappointment, I found out I was only at 1 1/2 cm. Ugh! I was at 2 1/2 cm for a month before Tyler was born. The nurse told me she was going to call my doctor. I said, "Oh, please don't wake her up for 1 1/2 cm." She did anyway and they said I could stay for a while to see if things picked up. After about an hour, the baby settled down and the contractions stopped. I thought of all the things could try to get labor going but I certainly had a long way to go from 1 1/2 cm so we went home.

It was nice out the next day so the girls and I spent most of the day outside. It was a good way to survive the day after so little sleep. Things have been pretty quiet since then.

My next OB appointment is tomorrow and my doctor is going out of town for the weekend. Mike had asked me on Monday if I hadn't had the baby by Thursday, would I go ahead and have her induce me? I think the answer is "No." I don't even think I want her to check me for fear that would stir things up and I would go into labor shortly after she left. Yes, it would be nice to have this over with. Yes, it would potentially save us some money because if another doctor delivers, we have to pay her fees for the OBs and the other doctor's fees for the delivery. However, I would really like to just wait this one out and not do anything to force this baby along.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Mike has been working at the store close to home since Monday. He says he's just not comfortable being 1 1/2 hour away.

I bumped the Advent Babies post up from December. I am the last one to deliver. Caitlin and I are the only ones who actually made it to 40 weeks. Some of the due dates represented scheduled c-section or induction dates. Most of the babies were boys. I happy for all the moms who are holding their sweet babies tonight and can't wait to join them.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

I was wondering where you were. Praying for you and your new little bundle of joy.

Kristi said...

When's your actual due date?

Mike and Katie said...

January 12th.

The Earnshaw's said...

Thanks for the update Katie! I was wondering if you were having the baby or not. Praying for a smooth and healthy delivery for whenever the precious baby makes an appearance.

Danielle said...

It's hard to wait, but I think you'll be glad that you chose not to induce labor. Maybe next week....
I hope you don't have to wait long.

Misty said...

Praying for you!!!!

snekcip said...

Jan 12th!!! That's today!!! Hang in there Momma....it won't be too much longer!!!