Sunday, December 18, 2011

Not Just One More...

The third trimester has been rough. Winter has set in. I'm in a lot of pain. Everything takes a long time. We can't spend hours outside. Getting out for activities and buckling everybody in the car is a real challenge. When we do get some where to do something fun, I end up with three little girls clinging to me trying to climb on my ever-shrinking lap.

I hit a wall last Tuesday, as I was pulling out of the driveway, (finally), on my way to do homeschool project day with my friend Amber. I am so ready to be done being pregnant, but I am not at all ready to be caring for a newborn. Do you know how much time they take? Whew! And I think it takes a long time to get out the door now.

And then...

And then on Thursday morning, after my O.B. appointment, I was able to go over to the hospital and hold little tiny baby Josiah who was only a couple of hours old. Ahhhhh.... So sweet! And then it hit me.

There's a baby in there. A sweet, special, magical little person to fall in love with. A new little face and personality that will bring unknown joy and surprises to our family. It's not just one more mouth to feed, one more butt to wipe, one more body to bath and dress, one more carseat to buckle; it's a baby!

Yep, I think I'm ready to make the transition from cranky pregnant lady to blissfully sleep-deprived new mama. :)

2 comments:

e&e said...

I like the saying "It's not a pregnancy; it's a person."

love you!
elisa

snekcip said...

Hang in their momma!! Your entitled to your "cranky days"!