Sunday, December 4, 2011

34 Weeks

So close yet so far. Six weeks to go. Give or take. You know how babies are.

I have to laugh when people say, "Wow! This pregnancy has gone by so fast!" Ha! I'm glad it's gone by so quickly for YOU! :)

I've been feeling pretty good considering. Oats have been giving me heartburn which makes me very sad but not eating apple crisp and granola by the pan should keep the weight gain at bay. I've already gained 40 lbs. I think that's plenty. I know the baby needs to put on weight in the next few weeks but there is plenty of extra in my thighs and butt.

I've been doing more exercising the evening inside since it's getting more difficult to move outside. I just do about 20 minutes of random exercises that I remember from P90X. There are plenty of things I can do to move and stretch and strengthen.

Mike and Amanda are enjoying "playing" with the baby. The little baby's movements are so visible and frequent. They have a good time poking and rubbing the baby and feeling the baby kick back. Mike asked if he had ever played with the baby before. I said probably not because I was so sick. It's only mildly annoying when he does it now instead of nausea inducing.

I know ten people (in real life) who are expecting babies between December 15th and January 15th. That seems like a big number. It must have been an extra special Lenten season. :)

Being pregnant over Christmas certainly brings new awareness to Mary's uncomfortable situation of having to travel by donkey to Bethlehem. I'm not planning to travel for 1 1/2 hr back home because it's uncomfortable. (What a whiner I am!)

We have talked about names a little bit. For some reason, we find it more fun to wait until the delivery room or afterwards to decide. So far, Monterey Jack and Colby were a couple of the top choices for boys. Ha! Can you tell when we were doing when we thought of those ones? I mentioned a few of my favorite girls names last night and Mike said, "No, we need to stick with the three syllable names." As the filler-outer of forms and paperwork, I'm putting an end to that rule!

Sometimes I ponder with amazement that fact that I am actually pregnant...again...after waiting and hoping and praying for so long. I try to put myself back in that place and remember what it was like to envy pregnant women. I'm anxious to be holding this little
baby in my arms but know I should be savoring this time right now.

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I'm thankful for every day of growth the little girls have before they are faced with another little person wanting my time and attention. Sometimes, I think they would just really like more room on my lap. :)

4 comments:

e&e said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.
(I'm referring to your clean room)

And yes, you are pretty, too.

love ya!
elisa

mama said...

you are so close. This is so very exciting for all of us. Thank you so much for sharing these precious moments with us.
Can't wait to meet the newest member.

snekcip said...

Almost there!!! Hey...I like Monterrey Jack/Colby....wayyyyy better than I would CHEESEHEAD!!! Just saying....:)

MarieHarmony said...

I am happy to see all is going well for you and the baby. Only six weeks to wait........it brings happiness to see a happy mummy. I am surrounded by miscarriages and very tough pregnancies and need to read some beautiful thoughts like yours. Thanks Katie