Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 30

I'm about 30 weeks now. I'm definitely feeling third-trimesterish. I feel lots of big kicks and movements that seem to rock my whole body. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I ponder why I would ever expect to get much sleep when the baby's on the outside because he/she sure is active during the night on the inside.

The second part of the second trimester was really great. I was able to quit drinking the coffee which seemed to contribute to the rapid weight gain. I was a little worried when by five months I had already gained 30 lbs. Thankfully I only gained 4 lbs in the last month as opposed to the 10 lb added at each visit prior. I was feeling really good and able to really get out and be active with the girls.

Things have slowed down since bundle-up weather has hit and my ability to bend over is greatly reduced. We go out about once a day instead of twice. In the mornings, I spend some time laying on the mattress in Amanda's room while the girls climb all over me and play on the floor. They really like that time and when Amanda saw me grabbing my pillows today she said, "Yeah!!! Snuggle up time!"

We traveled up north to visit our families last Sunday and I got a box full of baby clothes that I had loaned to my cousin plus some boy clothes that she had. They got all washed and sorted and I feel prepared for either a boy or a girl. I plan to keep it very simple, just footed sleepers that button down both legs, socks and onsies. With Tali I had a stash of cute outfits for church or if we went out but I'd have to change her back into a sleeper when we got home because most of the cute outfits didn't fit over her cloth diaper. (We used disposables when we go out.)

This baby is just going to live in sleepers. I don't have to worry about the baby's socks or shoes falling off and they are usually just in a wrap or sling when we're out anyways. We'll save the cute stuff for once the baby is walking.

I got a fresh hair cut today. The last time I went out for a hair cut was when I was pregnant two years ago. The lady who comes to help us once a week is a hair dresser and she tried to cut my hair once at home while Mike watched the girls but it didn't go very well. So she watched the girls so I could go out today. I hate leaving the girls because at least one of them is crying and being dramatic but coming home sure is fun!

6 comments:

e&e said...

Ah, my pretty cousin...love the baby belly! Can't wait to meet the baby (and spend time with all your other babies...can you even believe you have so many?).
elisa

snekcip said...

You are progressing along wonderfully!! I can't wait to hear what you are having! I say it's gonna be a BOY!!

Salma @ Chasing Rainbow said...

Looking great Katie. You've got a beautiful bump.

My baby also lived in sleepers until he started walking.

Tammy said...

I love the baby belly. You look cute.

Kristi said...

ahhh sooo soon!! do yall have names picked out?

Mike and Katie said...

We haven't even discussed names. We like to wait until the baby's born. I really like Timothy but Mike says, "No way!" because of something on South Park (?). And if would further the notion that we are naming our bio kids with "T's" even though Tony is really an Anthony.