Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sweet Potato Skins

Last month we got about 10 lbs of sweet potatoes (or yams). I peeled chopped and baked most of them and froze them for quick meals. The little girls like them mixed with chopped chicken which I also bake in batches and have frozen. Since these were organic yams, I hated to waste the peels so we experimented with making potato skins. We piled all the skins on the bar pan, drizzled them with light olive oil, sprinkled them with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, and then stirred them to coat them. Then Amanda help me spead them into a single layer on the baking stones.







The oven had been preheated to 350 F and I baked them for about 15 minutes with the convection fan going. We kept checking them to make sure they weren't getting too burnt.




After they cooled, I just pushed the helping chairs up to the counter and let the girls dig in.





Yummy, fun and surprisingly filling.




I was cooking yogurt in the big pot on the stove too. The little girls have been requesting oats and yogurt (with honey) almost every morning. I prefer to get farm fresh milk to make my yogurt but I just haven't been able to go get any so I just made the last couple of batches from store milk. It so much cheaper than buying yogurt.


No comments: