Friday, June 17, 2011

Squid

Sometimes I'm a fun mom at meal times. Like the time we used a cookie cutter to make these potato bears.



Or today when we had squid.









Are you marveling at my ability to thread wet spaghetti noodles through hot dogs? Well, I guess I better show you the "before" picture. :)






Maybe you already guessed how to do it. I had to ask when my Facebook friend posted a picture of these. I actually thought he threaded them through after they were cooked. Sticking them through when they were dry was super easy. The dogs are turkey dogs which is why they look so pale. We topped these off with olive oil, basil, salt and pepper. The girls loved them!

6 comments:

Lynnette said...

Super fun idea! When we have anything with pasta, we use macaroni noodles or shell pasta (they're easier to catch and less messy!). But we have some spaghetti in the cupboard. Maybe we'll try this tomorrow. The kids would have fun sticking the noodles in, even if they don't eat it. :)

Lynnette said...

Oh, and I too was wondering how you got the cooked noodles through the hot dog slices.

jodilee0123 said...

Maybe I'll try it with chicken chunks...our kiddos won't eat any kind of hot dog.....Jakob would totally get a kick out of this!

Mike and Katie said...

Jodi, The chicken chunks would probably need to be cooked first. Hmmm. Let me know if it works.

Lynnette said...

We did it! Here's the results: http://cherishthesedays.blogspot.com/2011/06/playing-with-our-food.html

Heather said...

These dishes are so clever & whimsical! I don't have kids yet but that's not to say these dishes wouldn't be a hit in my household! I'm going to bookmark this.

Cheers to you & your beautiful family!
Heather @ Find That Warm Fuzzy Feeling