Friday, April 29, 2011

Twins?


Not quite!


You gotta love the matching scowls at a stranger though.




With Mike working out of town at least twice a week, I figured I better step up my game and see what I can do to make the most of the time he has at home. That means not sending him off to the grocery store. I've taken the girls to the local store a couple of times and it's gone okay. I usually park next to a cart corral and load them into a regular cart to get in the store where we can use the "car" cart. Amanda and Ana ride in the basket and Tali rides in the baby seat. I pull the cart right up next to the van door and hold it so Amanda can climb in herself.



On the this trip, Tali was really upset about riding in the cart. She seemed a little disturbed by the bumpy motion across the parking lot. Once Ana was sitting in the seat next to her, she was fine. The first time I took the girls, I put Ana in the car part with Amanda but that was just too far away from mom.




I may find it just a bit amusing to make people think Ana and Tali might be twins. :)



The hardest part about getting groceries is carrying them all into the house with the little girls. However, the boys hate to ride the bus home and normally they would walk over to Mike's work and catch a ride home with him. If I plan shopping trips for the days Mike is gone, the boys are very happy to have me pick them up after school and they can carry in all the groceries. Win-win!

7 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

I hate it when the stores are super efficient and pick up ALL the carts from the cart corrals....leaving us to try and walk through the parking lot. There is almost always spots open by the corrals because everyone thinks their car is going to get dinged!

Tiffany said...

Oh, I am so glad I found your blog! We just adopted our precious 15 month old son from Ethiopia. He and my middle son are about a year a part,and I am LOVING dressing them alike. {grin} Your daughters are beautiful. I look forward to reading more on your blog - it is lovely!
Blessings, Tiffany

snekcip said...

I really loathe the "car like carts" and my 4yr old LOVES "em! They are bulky and hard to steer and I usually spend an exhausting time trying to navigate around "end caps" w/tons of canned vegetables and such! Glad to see somebody has learn to navigate and LIKE them!! Happy Monday to you!

Lynnette said...

I stole your title from this blog post to do one about our girls today. Thanks for letting me! Errr...At least I'm pretty sure you would have let me if I'd asked first... :)

[To Snekcip: Not all "car carts" are as bad as the some of them are. But I've yet to find one I like. I now have a standing agreement with our 3-year-old: If she'll let me get a regular cart, I'll let her ask for a free piece of cheese at the deli counter!]

Chasing Rainbow said...

Haha ha twins...TWINS...ha ha, I guess it's possible. People are hilarious.

Love the matching outfits, so cute.

Mike and Katie said...

Yes, the car cart is a beast to manuever! We couldn't grocery shop with out it though. I did notice that there is room for one more...

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how big the girls are getting! Those pictures are adorable. :)

I agree, the car carts are horrible to drive around, I don't know how many things I have hit with one of those...at least it wasn't any people. Yet. :)