Thursday, April 7, 2011

On a Leash?

I have no problem putting my kid on a leash.

Especially if it means I can control the speed at which she goes down big hills on her little bike...




Or use it to help give her a little pull up the big hills...




While pushing the stroller...




Loaded with these two cuties...



Those hills are MUCH steeper than they appear in the photos. I often jog with Amanda so she can experience a little speed. She is really good about pedaling while I'm pulling her uphills so it's not like hauling dead-weight. Except when she thinks she's funny and stands on the brakes.


The leash is probably a 15 ft retractable. It is looped and clipped around the seat post of her bike. Amanda lifts up her foot when I switch to helping her up the hills. It's great that it's retractable so that as she speeds up or slows down the leash doesn't get tangled in her tires but I think a 10 ft retractable would be better so she stays closer to the stroller. (I have to thank one of my neighbors for the idea. It's brilliant.)

6 comments:

DIY Hair Care Blog said...

That is a great idea! I just hubs asked about a leash for DD and he looks so confused and alarmed. He needs some more convincing...lol

jodilee0123 said...

Yep, we are thankful we didn't give ours away when our dog went to heaven. We use the back pack ones out in public, like at the zoo, you know, so one doesn't run away in the crowd and leave the rest of us in the dust!

Karen said...

Love it! I always made fun of the backpack leash things until child #4 came along...then I totally understood! :-)

Lynnette said...

That's a great idea! Although, I must admit I was a little worried for Amanda's safety in the first picture when I thought you were holding her back on the hills with a backpack leash. I was envisioning her going backwards off the bike, and the bike careening down the hill unmanned. Your way is much safer than what I was imagining! :)

Meg said...

what a great idea, although I did chuckle a little at the break thing because my daughter has the same sense of humor.

Genevieve said...

hilarious! what a great idea!