Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Amanda's New Chores




Last week, Amanda did three new chores. She brought up the empty garbage can from the end of the driveway, she put the recycling into bags and took it to the garage and she took the compost to the pile. Taking the compost out is, by far, her favorite new chore because our compost pile is really more like a deer-feeding pile. She is also pretty proud of her unloading-the-dishwasher job. She can unload almost everything now. There are just a few heavy glass things that she can't put away. She always asks me to help her and I say, "Yes, I'll help you! When you get all done unloading it, I'll fill it back up." Occasionally, she been allowed to stay up a little past bedtime to unload the dishwasher. She considers it a special treat. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts. :)

2 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

It is amazing how much they really love chores....My kids will wipe anything clean--but picking up is a totally different story.

mama said...

What a big girl. She looks so proud of herself