Thursday, March 10, 2011

Last Day of Skating

Today was our last day of skating. I'm sad. I brought the camera to get some videos and photos only to find out they were doing some major work on the ice to prepare for the removal on Monday. Ugh! It was frustrating and disappointing. We had our snack early to try to wait for them to finish and walked around the track in our skates. After the fact, I wish I would have asked for them to just give us a half hour. Oh well. We got a few minutes on the ice. They said we could skate in the middle while the Zamboni worked around the edges but the girls were totally freaked out by that.

It's crazy to think about how different things will be next fall when we can go skating again.


video

On Monday, we're going to go watch them remove the ice for a little bit and then we'll go swimming. I am sad to say good-by to skating but I know it means spring is coming soon. Yeah!!! That's fun too.

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

She is so good on her skates!

Kristi said...

I wish I had time this summer to make a trip!! :) And I shouldnt have to get iron again until next year! hopefully!! how are the girls? I hope the weather is getting better up there!