Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ye Olde Facebook Statuses

I got this idea from Jessie's Girls (plus Emeth.) I love it! Enjoy all the little snipets of our life that don't warrant a full blog post.

Country music- Many who liked Boating like this" Thank you, FB, I did not know there was such a strong connection between boating and country music

Free photography advice: If you want THREE balloons for your three-year-old's birthday photo shoot, have you husband pick up at least SIX!

Today we visit a friend's church. Amanda went into Sunday school and told everyone her name was Mickey Mouse and that she was two.

You know you're the mother of MSG* when you sort your laundry by lights, darks and pinks.
*many small girls

I fixed a snack. Raisins, raw sugar, oats and...Ketchup?! Sometimes multitasking does not go so well.

Day Two of Public School: Apparently I need to go downstairs and check to make sure Tyler is gone and not just believe Amanda when she says that Tyler went to school with Daddy.

No, I can't just use a paperbag to cover my textbook. Plus I wouldn't be seen in school with a paper bag on my books." Kids these days!

Music to my ears: "Mom, will you help me with my Algebra?"

More music to my ears: "Tyler go to school and I go to the playground!" After a month of talking about backpacks, riding the bus and being bigger so she could go to school.

I successfully over came the I-don't-want-to-do-the-dishes demon again tonight. Now it's time to battle the I-don't-want-to-go-downstairs-to-start-a-load-of-diapers one.

I have been wrestling octopuses all day.

I took Amanda voting while our neighbor stayed with the little girls. We met Mike at the polls. Amanda felt pretty important. :)

Tali woke up crying. Mike woke up, leaned over, hit the "snooze" button and then fell back asleep. Good try, honey. :)

I am totally on top of this day light savings thing. I won't be showing up an hour early for church this year. :)

We just got back from the first date night since Tali was born. Oh yeah, we were getting wild and rowdy at PTC*. ;) *parent teacher conferences

I didn't let a little thing like darkness at 5 pm keep us from going outside to play.

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, fourteen, sixteen, eleventeen... I think we can say that Amanda can count to eleven. After that, it gets a little questionable.

I just finished proof-reading Mike's paper about Internet privacy. Sorta made me want to delete my FB account and blog and never open the laptop again.

I think it''s ironic that "Debt Management" and "Gift Ideas" are two of the top three Google searches.

Mike's home safe and sound from his lasik sugery. He fell asleep mid-sentence when he got home and was sitting in his chair.

I think I may have out-smarted the babies. If I put cotton tights over their socks before bed they don't wake up with popsicle toes because they've yanked their socks off.

So thrilled to get pictures FROM Amanda's birth mom. That's first!

I wish I knew when that open mouth meant "I'm going to sneeze," and not "I'm ready for another spoonful of strained peas."

Christiana is helping Tony unload the dishwasher. Love it!

We need a second vehicle with more space. A minivan would be the most cost effective but it just wouldn't be BIG enough to haul Mike's EGO to work every day. :)

When Amanda went to bed the beans were still cooking in the crock pot. They were the first thing she asked for when she woke up. Kidney, black turtle and garbonzo- plain and cold right out of the fridge.

2 comments:

Jessie's Girls said...

I think I need you to be my fb friend so you can entertain me!

Oh how I relate to so many of these - that's how I sort laundry too, only now I've added "light blues".

Karen said...

What a fun post! :-)