Monday, January 17, 2011

More Fun Out There

My mom came to visit on Friday and brought my nephew to play with Amanda. He's two and he and Amanda play so well together. My mom has been coming to visit often since this visit last winter when Amanda didn't really seem to know what to do while sledding or what to do with other kids. That's when she realized just how hard it was for me to get everybody out and about for outdoor activities and play dates. I'm thankful every time she makes the hour and 1/2 trip to come see us and take Amanda outside.

My mom worked on the tunnel that Tyler started.


As I watched her, I thought about how I don't ever remember my mom digging snow forts with us but she must have because we learned it from somewhere.

I thought about how next winter I would be the one out there digging a snow forts while three little ones climbed all over...



...and sliding on top of me because they think it would be funny. Amanda and Tristen each slid down onto my mom a couple of times before she put a stop to that nonsense. :)

Almost done. Grandma's working on breaking through.


Tristen would climb back and forth through the tunnel but Amanda would go through one direction and then run around the hill in order to climb through the tunnel again. What a funny girl!


It's so much fun when my mom brings Tristen for Amanda to play with. They play so well together. At least, until about 2 or 3 pm. Then Amanda naps in her bed and Tristen naps in the car on the way home.

1 comment:

snekcip said...

What a fun and BRAVE Grandma your mom is!! Oh my that looks ((((cold))))! What a blessing grandparents are!!