Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sixteen Below

So what do you do when it's 16 degrees* below zero?


Dress up in snuggly animal costumes of course!!!

And then wait for Mom to spoil the fun by making us all cram onto a chair for a photo.

She was smiling earlier.

The little panda bear outfit was a Christmas gift from my dad. Mike nicknamed Amanda, "Amanda Bear" so it was very fitting. We don't do Halloween but my friend Stacy had the idea of picking up clearance Halloween costumes to have for dress-up play. I've never gotten to those sales but someone handed down the tiger and Eeyore costumes this summer.
They are stored in Christiana's "room" and every so often they get brought out and the girls want help getting them on. Talitha just laughs and laughs when some one's dressed up. She wasn't too thrilled with having the hood on her head yet. Amanda can squeeze into the little outfits but they are uncomfortable once she pulls the hoods up. The Eeyore one fits her the best. Christiana doesn't like the hood either. So often the request to help take them off comes moments after the request to help put them on.
It was a good activity to get us all warmed up on a chilly Minnesota morning.

*That's in Fahrenheit. It's -26 Celsius.)

2 comments:

snekcip said...

Now that's COLD!!! Oh.My.Gosh!!! However, inside w/that precious "FUZZY CREW", makes it all WARM on the inside! We hold on to Halloween costumes here as well! My Bree LOVES wearing hers and I think they are just adorable anytime of the year!

Anonymous said...

You'll want to add a facebook button to your blog. I just bookmarked this article, although I had to complete it manually. Simply my $.02 :)

- Robson