Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Overheard

At parent teacher conferences, "So, both boys have been homeschooled until now? I never would have guessed." Hmm. I guess we'll take that as a compliment that we successfully "socialized" them.

Mike and I went to conferences together while our neighbor stayed with the girls. It was the first time we have gone out together since Tali was born. Literally, the day Tali was born was the first time Mike and I had spent any time alone together since who knows when. At least nine months, I would guess.

We are very pleased with how the kids have adapted to being in public school. They are doing well in their classes according to their personalities and patterns. Their teachers all had nice things to say about them and their grades look pretty good. It was fun to meet the teachers and see their class rooms.

The thing that struck me the most was how uncomfortable everything felt. Hard, cold, chaotic, distracting. Home is just so nice.

3 comments:

Davene said...

That teacher's comment is so funny!

I loved your last sentence. :)

Kristi said...

Well yall are doing a fabulous job! :)

J said...

It's ridiulous this perception that HS-kids are antisocial. My child became much MORE social when I began HSing her. I hope to do as good a job as you!