Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Six Months

Updated: At Tali's six month check on the 26th, She weighed 16 lbs. 15 oz. and was 26 3/4 in. long.


Talitha is 1/2 of a year old. That's amazing to me. I still look at her and can hardly believe she exists because I had completely given up on ever being able to get pregnant. Yet, she's here and she's real and everyday more of her personality begins to show and I get a glimpse of just how busy life is going to get.

She can wiggle and roll all over the living room but she prefers to be upright in her walker. She really enjoys her toys and it's so funny to hear her laugh and squeal at little stuffed animals. She seems very interested in watching us eat but I'm not ready to start her on solid food yet. She still spits up quite a bit so that's another reason to wait. Breast milk spit is bad enough but breast milk and squash? Ewww!

She nurses about five or six times a day and still wakes up in the middle of the night. It harder to allow her to learn to go back to sleep without nursing because she's in our closet and she's very loud. I don't nurse her to sleep, but if she wakes she'll nurse a full feeding and then I can put her back to bed. I don't mind it except I'm afraid she'll have lasting sleep issues.

Tali loves her sisters and really enjoys their attention and they give her lots of it, that's for sure. When they climb up on my lap while I'm nursing her, she will reach and grab for them while she's still nursing. I'm not looking forward to the day when she decides that she more interested in playing with them than nursing.

She naps about an hour after every feeding except when we go out after the afternoon nap time. She rolls around so much in her crib that I either have to put two sleepers on her or put her in one of those sleeping pouches. We have one without sleeves that seems to keep her cozy but not too hot. She seems to like to have blanket or burp cloth to chew on and it's always soaked when she wakes up.

At six months, I am finally to the point where nursing is easy and enjoyable. It's no longer painful and I haven't had any plugged ducts for close to two months. I had seriously begun to wonder why I had remembered nursing to be so enjoyable. Those first few months were rough but this is nice.

1 comment:

e&e said...

I still can't believe she's real either. You have an amazing story, Katie. I hope someday all your girls, who were all part of the story, will appreciate the faith you and Mike had to build your family. I vividly remember so many conversations with you and your longing for more children. God could have answered that longing in so many ways, but I can't think of any better way than the way He did.

hugs hugs hugs,
elisa