Saturday, August 21, 2010

My New Favorite Beach




Guess what we found?


Only 1/2 mile down the road from our previously favorite beach...


With no playground to avoid the Amanda-hanging-rings incidents*...





With great shade in the late afternoons so that everyone can play in the sand and water as long as they want without having to use sunscreen.


With shaded parking just steps from the beach, hard packed sand that allows a stroller, a very narrow strip of beach before you reach the shore, benches and a restroom...


It's just about perfect!!!
Most of the lakes near our house are very sandy and shallow for a long way out. It's great for little kids. This beach has a lot of shallow area and then a sharp drop-off that the older kids can enjoy, too. The drop off is marked with buoys and ropes. It's definitely my new favorite beach!
*Mike introduced Amanda to the hanging rings. I hadn't been willing to lift her up to use them no matter how much she begged. One day at the other beach, she convinced another dad to help her on the rings and then she wouldn't leave him alone. "My turn! My turn!" Another time she climbed up the ladder to the rings and had to be rescued by another mom. "Help me! Help me!" The last straw came when she tried to reach out and swing from the rings herself. From where I was sitting with Christiana and Talitha, I couldn't see what she was doing. I could just hear a dad saying, "I don't think that little girl should be going there. No, don't follow her. I don't think she should go there. In fact, I think I should come over there." Meanwhile, Amanda runs back into my view and says, "I did it myself! The rings! I did it myself!" Yep, I think it's time to leave now.

1 comment:

A Family of Love said...

Sounds like a great beach! What beach is it? We are always looking for new places to visit.