Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Middle of the Night

Little Miss Tali-bear does not sleep through the night yet. Amanda was sleeping through the night by 2 months and Christiana was sleeping a good 12 hours at night by 3 months. I'm not sure why haven't been able to get this one to sleep through the night. Perhaps, it's because I haven't let her cry it out because I'm afraid she'll wake the other little ones. Or I can't run the humidifier to have the white noise. Or perhaps it's because I can get up and nurse her without completely waking up and realizing that I've gotten out of bed. With both the older girls, there came a night when the thought of getting out of bed and making up a bottle or filling the nurser was just too much and I ended up falling back asleep before getting up to do it. Apparently they really didn't need to get up either because they fell back asleep on their own.

But the truth is, I really don't mind too much. I really savor those quiet mid-night moments. I can just stare at her nursing, sleeping, stretching or cooing without anybody else demanding my attention. Her babyhood is passing so quickly and I want to hold onto for as long as possible.

1 comment:

e&e said...

That's awesome, Katie. I felt the same way with my girls (I was more impatient with Joshy because I didn't realize then how fast his babyhood would fly by and I thought more children were a given...they're not, as you too well know).

Of course, I wouldn't have always echoed your sentiment in the moment, but sometimes I would, and always the next day, especially as their babyhoods are completely done. Sigh.

Give Tali a smooch for me during your next midnight rendezvous.
elisa