Sunday, June 27, 2010

True Friends and A Bat

Here's the whole crew that was part of the water fight. We staged this photo because I was having trouble capturing the action. They would burst out from one side of the house or the other, totally soak each other and then say, "Did you get that?"





The extra kids belong to my friend Jamie. Our husbands were good friends and played softball together, so we've been hanging out together since high school. She is really the only friend from high school that I have kept in contact with. That is, before joining Facebook last year.


She's been my steady support, accountability and partner in crime. She has truly impacted my growth and development in so many good ways. When I said, "I have no desire to drive to Florida." She said, "But your husband does." She's a real friend.



We were hanging out inside getting our baby fix. They have five kids, too. They were staying in the area for the week while the kids were in a play. It's a really neat week long program. The kids practice the play intensively for a week and then perform on Friday night and Saturday morning. This year they performed a story from Huckleberry Finn. It was the story about the con man who claimed to be the king of France. I wished the boys had come with. Mike read Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn to the boys so I wasn't familiar with the story.

By some bit of insanity, I decided to take the three little girls up to watch the play and take some pictures. The girls were so good! It was in a school gym and we ended up sitting on the floor in the front. Christiana was in a pouch, Amanda was in my lap and Talitha was in her car seat snapped into the stroller frame. After a bottle, I let Christiana get out and crawl on the floor. She never went very far away from me. Amanda never left my lap and Tali was quiet through most of the play. Thankfully, it was only about an hour long.

Jamie's three older kids were in the play. The girls were River Rats and her son was a bat. His job was to run back and forth across the stage "eeping." It was too dark for pictures but I caught it on video.


video

Two other home school families we know were in the play, too, as well as a very large multi-racial adoptive family(somebody I need to get to know). It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went.

1 comment:

La Familia Garcia said...

love the picture of the water fight! Looks like it was a ton of fun!