Saturday, June 19, 2010

Eleven Months

At eleven months, Christiana weighs about 18 lbs. and is about 27 in. long. She is crawling and beginning to pull herself up on furniture. She claps her hands, bounces to music, waves "Bye-bye" and makes kissing sounds with her mouth. She is generally cheerful and giggles and laughs very easily especially at the sight of her sisters. She is often fussy in the evening between 5-6 pm before she goes to bed. She usually goes to bed around 6 p.m. and sleeps until 7 or 8 a.m. She still takes two naps during the day. She has four bottles of breast milk during the day along with meals consisting of things like sweet potatoes, kale, broccoli, peaches, oatmeal, carrots, garbanzo beans, green beans, peas and applesauce. She can feed herself toasted oat cereal and she can hold her own bottle although I purposely cuddle her while she's eating most of the time.



She is usually afraid of strangers and screams if I'm not holding her when there are other people around. She often cries in her car seat but she is better when I'm sitting in the back. She also cries in her stroller when we go on walks so lately I have been strapping her on my back instead of Tali. I try to ignore her complaining as much as possible but, for the courtesy of the rest of the people in the car, at the park or in our neighborhood, sometimes I just do what keeps her quiet. I'm just going to assume this separation anxiety is a sign of healthy attachment and enjoy it while it lasts.

4 comments:

Scott, Joanna, Matthew said...

great pictures! I can't believe how fast she is growing. It seems like yesterday when was born. She is adorable!!!! Love her smile!

e&e said...

Oh my word, Katie, I can see why you would want to cuddle her during bottles even though she can do it herself. I'm hoping she'll get over her stranger anxiety enough by the time we come so I can get a cuddle in myself. Otherwise you'll have to sit on my lap too.
elisa

jodilee0123 said...

She is growing up so fast! Simply adorable. You must be in awe of God's work every single day! :0)

Nancy said...

Love the photos but my favorite is the one of her looking up at you. I love to read posts about new things babies/toddlers are doing. I can't believe ONE is just around the corner!