Sunday, May 2, 2010

What in the World?

Update: Jodi is the winner! She was the first one the guess correctly! Although since I posted about it on Facebook before posting pictures here, my FB friends had a bit of an advantage. Silly me! Good thing there wasn't any prize at stake.

These are turkey feathers from the turkey Tony shot early Saturday morning. He went out early Friday and Saturday morning with a neighbor that we have done pet-sitting for. Tony took some great photos and I bumped up the color saturation.
Do you know what this is?

11 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

That's a turkey! My dad has one hanging on the wall in the room where we sleep when we come home to visit. It's kind of creepy. . . yet cool. :0)

Tammy said...

bird feathers?

mama said...

We think they are shavings from colored pincils.

Joy Estelle said...

Turkey!!

Lynnette said...

Bark on something?
Or a petrified peacock tail. :)

andrea said...

Matt thinks colored pencil sharpening leftovers.

I think turkey feathers (but think I may not have the right bird.)

Karen said...

shavings from sharpened pencils?? feathers?

Anonymous said...

pencil shavings?
Crystal W.

Nancy said...

Hmmm... looks like feathers but with a funky photoshop filter?

e&e said...

I love the guesses about the pencil shavings. That's really what it does look like (ok, that and turkey feathers, but I already knew about it). So what are you going to do with those? Joshy says he hopes you make some hats, and if you are going to throw them away, don't; he'll take them.
elisa

Mike and Katie said...

The guy who took him hunting did the cleaning and he must have cooked up the bird, too. Mike doesn't like turkey and never passed along the message that I wanted it. He is going to mount the tail fan for Tony.
As for the photo, I ordered a large print of this and another picture of the feathers because they have such a neat artistic quality.