Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Three Months

This month Talitha has become so much more social. She smiles, coos and flaps her arms and legs whenever she catches sight of anybody. Mike can get some really cute giggles out of her. She is even beginning to interrupt nursing to smile or see what else is happening in the room.
She nurses really well and eats about every three to four hours during the day. Nights are still wildly unpredictable. Some nights she falls asleep at 8 pm and sleeps until 6 am. Other nights she feeds and fusses on and off until midnight and still gets up at 6 am. Sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night, too. I wake up in the middle of the night to pump and sometimes she wakes up right after I've finished. At times like that, I worry about not having milk for her, but some how there's always enough to keep her satisfied.
Here she is laughing and smiling at Amanda.


I can hardly believe it's been three months already. I still can hardly believe that a year ago, by some miracle, this little girl was conceived. It's so crazy and unexpected and amazing.

1 comment:

e&e said...

It is so amazing and awesome and wondrous. It's one of my favorite stories to share (how your family has been built thus far).

I still remember talking to you on the phone and you saying, "Yeah...I must be sick, because I feel so nauseous...I just hope I get over this before we have to travel (for Ana's birth)..." HAHAHA!

I'm so glad you were pregnant instead.
elisa