Friday, May 7, 2010

That's why I'm here!

Talitha is my maternal grandmother's 16th great grand child. Although, Grammy has seen Tali several times since she was born, I think this is the first time she has held her.
Shortly after my mom and grandma arrived yesterday, I was nursing Tali in my chair and my grandma kept asking if I was still feeding the baby.
When I finished, I asked her if she wanted to hold the baby. She responded, "I would love to! That's why I here, isn't it?" I felt terrible! I don't know why we never thought of having her hold the baby before. Hopefully we have had her hold the baby but I just didn't get pictures or remember.

The picture below is for Elisa who I know I have made terribly home sick with these photos of Grammy. Tali is enjoying the special toy that Elisa gave Amanda when she came home with us.


And finally, my mom enjoying Tali's new social smiling at everyone. Tali is my mom's 10th grandchild.

5 comments:

e&e said...

~tears!~
ele

trooppetrie said...

If there is one thing I miss about not living close to family it is these kind of momemts. Granmals are the best thing ever

Tyler said...

Hey! I saw that you came to visit my blog and clicked your link. I am so glad I did.. what a sweet family you have over here!! I have such a huge heart for adoption. DH and I hope to adopt ourselves someday. Amazing! Look fwd to following and reading what I have missed.

I did scoll down a little and love the pics of the girls in matching dresses! Precious!

Thanks for stopping by!

Nel said...

What an amazing family you have!

http://nelscrazylife.blogspot.com

momto9 said...

how precious spending time with loved ones!