Thursday, April 22, 2010

Two Months



At two months, Talitha weighs 12 lb. 13 oz. and is 22 3/4 in. tall. She is in the 93rd % for her weight and 67th % for her height. She nurses every three to four hours during the day and often goes six or seven hours at night. Our schedule has developed into a more predictable routine and I finally quit writing down when everybody ate and I pumped. I had kept a log since I came home from the hospital in order to keep track of everyone.
In the last week, she has become so much more smiley and responsive the everyone and began to coo. I have a hard time putting her to bed in the late evening and middle of the night because I really enjoy that quiet time with her when nobody else is needing my attention. She is getting much better at falling asleep on her own. She'll fuss for a little bit when I first put her down, but she usually falls right asleep unless she has a burp or a dirty diaper.
She no longer cries the minute we put her in her carseat and that's a huge blessing.
When I was talking to my cousin about how I keep forgetting that Tali not adopted she mentioned that Tali is probably going to be confused about that, too. She going to have this shocking moment of revelation, "What do you mean I'm NOT adopted?" Oh well, we all have our own trauma that we need to overcome.

2 comments:

Davene said...

Your last sentence makes me laugh. :)

momto9 said...

Wow she's a cute chub!