Thursday, April 15, 2010

Christiana's New Room


Having Christiana sleep in Amanda's room just didn't work out. She just couldn't nap while being able to hear us in the bathroom or living room. Also, Amanda has been waking up to go potty at night which was just too disturbing for Christiana. However, sleeping in Amanda's closet has been working great.

It was a huge project to clean everything out. Amanda's dresser was in there as well as all the boxes of unsorted clothing. The house was a huge disaster while I worked on that project. I think I have everything sorted and organized now. The only thing left is figuring out where to keep Christiana's socks. And it just dawned on me to move the crib sheets and mattress pads out of the Amanda's dresser and into the bathroom closet. Then I would have one more drawer for the socks, shoes and hats. That would work.
This is Christiana getting ready for bed. She is wiggly, giggly and all around goofy. There is no rocking her sweetly until she snuggles in and yawns like we did with Amanda. I just give her hugs, kisses and snuggles and plop her into bed. She laughs, squirms and twists until I turn out the light and walk out the door. Unless, she sick and crabby like this week. Then she complains loudly! But I can count on her going to bed the most out of all three of the girls.

She's also the first one to bed. She had been falling asleep at 5:30 pm or so and then sleeping through the night if I didn't wake her up around 8 pm for another feeding. That meant she was only have three bottles during the day. That just didn't seem like enough. So, I've been keeping her up until 6 or 7 pm, about three hours after waking up from her afternoon nap, giving her one more bottle and then putting her right to bed. She will often sleep until close to 9 am, but that's not a great schedule for us, so I'm going to try to get her up earlier.

She is eating more food. Bananas mixed with avocados and baby oatmeal seem to be well tolerated. We tried mashed broccoli and she did not like that. We'll try carrots when I get a chance to cook some up. She still prefers to slurp the food off the spoon so it's pretty time consuming. If I try to get her to open her mouth and then give her a mouth full she always pushes it right back out with her tongue. So, it's a slow process, but Amanda appreciates having company at the table again. Amanda had often been eating at the table alone while I was nursing or feeding a baby in the living room. She would have to stand up in her chair to see me over the back of the couch. She will eat more quickly with company.

The plan is to to feed myself, Christiana and Amanda before Tali wakes up. Then when it's nap time and bed time, Christiana goes to bed first, then Amanda, then Tali, then me. At least, that's the plan for now.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Christiana has a fabulous smile! What a beautiful baby (all of them!).

Davene said...

I agree about her smile - so cute! :)

Whew, sounds like quite a process to take care of everyone's meals and bedtime. But it also sounds like you're adjusting and wisely figuring things out. Good for you! You have my utmost respect.