Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We've been...

Doing a little strolling, a little biking, a little babywearing and a little housekeeping!
This is the stroller I found on Craigslist the weekend before Talitha was born. I bought it from my neighbor just a mile or so from my house. It's very nice and will work with one of the carseats that we have.
I usually go out walking with my neighbor who had the little girl in January. We both wear our youngest babies. She also has one toddler in a stroller and two preschoolers on bikes.
On this day, we were going to pick up a trike for Amanda from one of the other neighbors. Have I told you how awesome our neighborhood is? She learned to pedal pretty quickly and wants to go out and ride her trike constantly!
I've been doing quite a bit of babywearing lately. Many times when Amanda sees me putting a baby on my back, she wants one on her back, too. Here we are doing dishes with our babies.
That's a pretty big vacuum for such a little girl! She doesn't mind. She spent a long time running that thing around the living room.

In other news, Amanda is potty trained. A big change came in January when I finally brought a little stool upstairs so that she could climb on the potty herself.

Talitha stayed in bed on Sunday night from 8 pm until 5:30 am. However, since she's still in our room, I was awake from about 1 am when I first heard stir. I had get up to pump and then I was sure she would be waking up soon so every time she began to whine or grunt, I would start to prepare to get out of bed. Last night things were back to normal, but there's hope.

I've lost 38 of the 43 pounds I gained with Talitha's pregnancy and can wear my regular jeans again.

Tonight, I put Christiana in a pack-n-play in Amanda's room. Christiana no longer needs to be super swaddled. She's in the socked p.j.'s and a sleeping bag. I put them together at naptime the other day and neither one slept as expected. I'll let you know how the night goes.

4 comments:

momto9 said...

oh my gosh your children are ADORABLE..I mean that and am not just throwing that word around lightly!!! My favorite is the baby wearing pic! It's so nice to see you enjoy your little ones even though you have teens too...sometimes teens can be draining...I take time to enjoy my little ones too!

Nancy said...

Amanda is so cute wearing her baby! Yay for regular jeans!

Laura said...

I love the forth picture, that is SO cute! Yay for potty training and back in regular jeans!!

Felicia said...

I see you have a little helper too. You have a beautiful family.