Friday, February 5, 2010

Today's the Day!

My due date that is. However, I never thought I would be so happy to not only have made it to my due without going into labor but hoping that I don't go into labor in the next few days either.

I have officially caught the bug that the little girls have/had.

Here's how this nasty bug progresses. First there are a couple days of running nose and crankiness. Then the coughing starts and the fever kicks in. Lots of coughing! Enough coughing to make a two year old think she is going to wretch and a six month old with a weak stomach sphincter to throw up most of her feeding if she starts coughing. Then there is a day of very high fever, no appetite and lethargy. That's probably the worst day of the sickness. After that there is a day or two more of mild fever, coughing and runny nose, sore tummy and crankiness. Amanda just has the lingering runny nose. Christiana is over the worst of it but still feverish and cranky. She starts crying every time she burbs because she thinks she is going to vomit again.

Me? I'm just getting started with the runny nose. I'm trying every home remedy that I can to help boost my immune system and resting as much as I can. I could really use your prayers that I don't get as sick as the little girls and that we are all better by the time I need to bring this little newborn home. Also, pray for Mike and Tyler that they don't get sick, too. Tony is already been down for the count. I think he's on the mend, too.

4 comments:

Lynnette said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're feeling lousy! I hope it's over quicker for you than for the girls.

Anonymous said...

I rebuke illness in Jesus name! You will be healthy when you deliver that beautiful baby!!!
Love,
K

Laura said...

I hope you all get better fast, and before the new little baby gets here!

Joy Estelle said...

I'm sending you healthy thoughts and prayers! Hang in there and keep us all posted.