Sunday, February 21, 2010

Smiling Already?

Update: We had a great night! Talitha slept well and only woke up for feedings every three hours. Somebody must have been praying for us! Thank you!

She really must have been two weeks overdue. Look at her smiling already.

Days are going pretty smoothly around here. Everybody is pretty happy, enjoying special visitors and having Daddy at home. Nights, however, have been a different story. Talitha thinks our house gets way too quiet at night so she makes her own noise. She has cried on and off the last three nights from about midnight until 5 am. As soon as we lay down, she starts crying. We can pick her up and she might burp, spit-up a bit, or eliminate and then fall back to sleep. We've been trying to make sure she's well-burped but we're hoping she starts to settle pretty soon so we can get some rest.

This little innocent angel is sleeping peacefully in my arms right now. What are the chances she'll stay that way once I put her down and try to climb into bed?

6 comments:

Kristi said...

the chances are slim to none!! haha!! congrats!!

Nancy said...

She is so precious!

Adoptive Momma said...

So glad you got the notebook! Enjoying all the baby pics!

His Hands His Feet Today said...

SO beautiful! Congrats momma :)
Love,
K

Amy said...

Oh girl. These first few months can really leave you drained. Do what you need to do to get sleep. If that means having her sleep in bed with you then do it. My babies tend to sleep with me for the first 6 weeks or so and then we move to the bed. They start off sleeping in their bed and then I usually bring them in with me once they get up. I'm just so tired to sit up and nurse. Anyways, pretty soon I'd be getting up after 4 hours, then 5, and it would continue to streeetch out. The crazy thing, though, is that soon it'll be your full boobs that'll wake you up instead of the baby! :) When that started to happen I'd get my pump all set up so that I could nurse on one side and pump the other at the same time. I'd turn the pump on and off with my toe! :)
I took care of a women once - I'm a maternity RN - who had delivered one in the hospital and then decided to have her next three at home. Well, she came back the hospital for her fifth and she loved it. She said it was like being in a hotel! She told me that when she would deliver at home she never had time to rest. The kids did their best but they really expected her to be up and running pretty quickly. So I think you made a good choice!

Nicole Marie said...

WOW...that IS a smile. Congratulations, she is so, so, so beautiful! You have a very beautiful family.