Tuesday, February 9, 2010

An Old Lady

I feel like a little old lady trying to cross a busy street. All the cars are honking and people are waving and yelling at me, but no matter what they say or do I just can move any faster. All I can do is concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other.

My son asked me the other day if all the people who keep calling to find out if I'm in labor are planning to be at the hospital when the baby is born. Thankfully, no. It will just be Mike and one friend if she can make it. Everybody else just wants to know. Mike said that every time his phone rings at work his employees ask if he's leaving to go to the hospital. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling the pressure.

3 comments:

Laura said...

You're still pregnant!?! :)
Hope things happen soon...praying everything goes smoothly.

e&e said...

How terrible that people would be so rude to you like that! I mean, I know it's northern MN and that means you're probably wearing a lot of layers, but surely they could tell you were 9+ months pregnant. Even if you weren't, that's no excuse.

Like a great quote says
"Lord, help others who sin differently that I do!"
elsia

Mike and Katie said...

E- The street was metaphorical. I don't actually leave the house.