Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day One Flying Solo

The proud big sister-
Amanda is such a big help! My mom offered to take her for the weekend, but I told her it's more helpful to have her home.
Today she would push one baby in the swing while I was feeding the other baby. She can refill my glass of water and grab the phone for me. She puts the dishes and bottles on the counter when we are done with them.
Christiana is just happy-go-lucky all the time now. However, she was the nap crasher this afternoon. Everybody was in bed and she decided to start fussing for no good reason.
The shortened nap for Mama was really a bummer since we had another rough night with Talitha. Since we had such a good night on Sunday, I had forgotten my plan to deal with the bad nights. I had decided I would just nurse her to keep her quiet even if I didn't think she really needed to eat and may end up spitting up. I didn't remember that until half the night had passed.
She is definitely giving us responsive smiles when we make eye contact. It's so sweet!
This may sound goofy, but I often forget that Talitha is not adopted; that she actually shares my genes. She might end up with my blue eyes and curly hair. That will be fun!

5 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

She definitely doesn't look like a newborn! AND she totally looks like you and Mike! I know you are so tired. . . but how fun! Can't wait to add our third!

~*~KRISTYN~*~ said...

Can I just tell you how much I love the photos of your united nations like family :o) What blessings indeed ! Congrats on Talitha, shes a little doll !

Lisa Curcio said...

What a cutie!

Congrats :)

Lysana said...

I LOVE the picture of the girls in the basket. Adorable!

Nancy said...

The photo of all the girls in the basket is so cute! I remember when I first started following your blog, Amanda seemed so little and now she's the big girl helping her mama out! You have a beautiful family!