Saturday, January 16, 2010

That's weird.

Since Thankgiving, I have been having lots of pelvic pain and contractions whenever I am up on my feet or too active. I would also get contractions and pain while lying on my side but laying on my back made me nauseous. I did my best to just take it easy and relax as much as possible.

Then I read a forum discussion about taking Evening Primrose oil to prepare for child birth. It was also recommended as a massage oil by a midwife I spoke to. The discussion advised to be sure to wait until 36 weeks before you begin taking the primrose oil because it is meant to get you ready for labor.

So, at about 36 weeks, I began taking it and using it as a massage oil. Right about the same time, my contractions and pelvic pain calmed down significantly. I'm also less nauseous and can lay on my sides again. So, interestingly enough, my last month of pregnancy might be my most comfortable. How odd. I am thankful. I am experiencing swelling and tingling in my hands and feet bit that's better if I stay out of the potato chips.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That IS odd, but great for you!! Relax...it's almost over! :)

Tina Fisher said...

You are on the home stretch! How nice! Then you'll really have your work cut out for you!