Monday, January 18, 2010

On skis!

Since I was feeling so good last week, I decided to brave a solo trip with the girls to go see my mom and grandma. My aunt and uncle were also coming up to visit and bringing my cousin's little girl who is four months older than Amanda.
After lunch, part of the crew headed off to go skiing. This is my mom and her brother. My aunt was taking the pictures. Shianna has been on skis before but this was Amanda's first time.
The little girls were so cute together. Amanda wanted to keep holding Shianna's hand.
My mom said Amanda did great! Apparently, she wanted to jump while wearing her skis. The girl likes to jump. She would fall down, laugh and get right back up again.
Amanda is smiling in the picture while Grandma is doing all the work!

The kids spent a long time playing outside at my mom's too. It was such a beautiful day! It was around 30 degrees or so.
My aunt said that my mom needed some more snow toys. The girls had to dig in the snow with spoons. They don't seem to mind.
I didn't get a chance to meet with my other cousin to get some little boy clothes, but I was sent home with three bags of Shianna's clothes. We are so thankful for hand-me-downs. Two of my neighbors are expecting babies, too, so I will have plenty of girl clothes to share if one of them has a girl.
There were/are four of us in the neighborhood who were/are pregnant. One mom already had her little boy in October. One mom is due this week. She already has three little boys. I'm due in two weeks and the last mom is due in April. She also has three little boys. What are the chances we will all end up with little boys?
Thankfully, another neighbor brought me a bag a of little boy clothes and blankets, so I will have something other than pink if this baby is a boy. That's one less thing to worry about. Christiana also did really great. My aunt held her most of the time she was awake and gave her a bottle, too. She was pretty content. She didn't sleep very well at my mom's, but slept most of the way home. Amanda slept most of the way home, too, so the trip went pretty well.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Amanda looks so cute on those tiny ski's!

e&e said...

That funny about the spoons, because when I saw that photo, I thought, "Wow, well, there you go. See? How creative! We don't need to buy more toys; we just need to re-purpose things we already have! Genius!"

And I'm sticking to that. Maybe it runs in your family. Remember the cloth napkins turned diapers when Mari and I visited? That was her first cloth diaper experience and we've never looked back!
elisa

Michelle said...

I can't believe your due date is so close...I'm waiting to hear the big news!

Tina Fisher said...

Katie....

Maybe she wants to ski jump! :)

Mike and Katie said...

Tina,

It's funny you mention that because they were at a ski jumping facility!

Tammy said...

Adorable!

Lynnette said...

Did I miss something? I thought you were due in March...
Cute snow pictures!
P.S. I subscribe to comments when I comment so it's ok if you reply on here. Not that I don't like you visiting my blog or anything! :)

Mike and Katie said...

Lynette,

I'm due February 5th. I keep forgetting to change my profile. I did that back in June when we didn't know my due date. So I guess I have closer to 2 1/2 weeks left, give or take.