Tuesday, December 15, 2009

More of My Dad

Here's my dad with Tony and his dog, Tessie, in 2003. He really appreciated when we would come to visit and thanked Mike for bringing us. He had great hair. If the thing about male pattern baldness is true, my boys will have great hair, too.

I was able to see my dad this summer. He came to Minnesota for a visit during the time we thought Grammy was dying. After everyone visited Grammy at the emergency room, we went back to my mom's house where Dad came to visit.

He had a special connection with my aunt, Sr. Maria, and she was very happy to see him and talk to him. My dad traveled with my grandparents out to California when she took her finally vows many years ago.

We treasured every moment with him because we have known for years how precarious his health was. We are thankful for the time we had with him that we didn't expect. We should view all our relationships that way. We just never know how much time we have with our friends and family. Every moment is precious.

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

Every moment is precious. Thank you for reminding us all this Christmas to enjoy every minute!