Saturday, August 29, 2009

Who is This Vision in White?

This is my dear aunt Mary, who has been better know as Sister Maria since she was a very young woman. She is my mom's sister and she is a nun in the Missionaries of Charity founded by Mother Tereasa. It is always very special when she comes to visit. Because she has taken a vow of poverty, she does not travel home very often, usually, only once every 10 years. She is home on a special visit because my grandmother is very ill.

Before I was a Christian, I used to be very afraid of her. I fearerd her judgement and criticism. Now all I feel is the deep love she has for me, my husband and my children. I had a short time to visit with her a couple of weeks ago, but it was wonderful to have mom bring her and my niece and nephew to visit for the day.
My mom and Sr. Maria made two wonderful home-cooked, warm meals, a rare treat at our house these days!
Sr. Maria really enjoyed the chance to get to know all the members of my family. Mike had the day of and he really enjoyed her inquisitive, gentle and sweet personality.

8 comments:

Lysana said...

Very sweet! What a blessing that she got to visit you and meet your family. I am sorry that your grandmother is ill, though, and I hope she is better soon.

Nancy said...

Looks like a wonderful visit! Your aunt seems like a very special person.

Nani said...

Thanks for comment in my blog I have not check it before post, in Thai langauge p-r-o-n is mean gift from GOD so I not notice that word,Thank you very much.(I have delete it)

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi and nice to "meet" you! Do you mind if I put a link to this blog on mine? I mentioned your sweet babies anonomysly and was asked what blog I was refferring to. Let me know. Your family is beautiful!

Karen said...

Hi, I found you through 16 blessings'mom. Anyway, we have 3 bio kids and have an adoption date of Sept. 16 for our 2 foster boys. I was enjoying reading back through your blog!

Amanda said...

Oh for sweet!! I LOVED that first picture... what a fantastic perspective you have!

Blessings-
Amanda

hadassahrose said...

Hey just found your blog while hopping from one to another.

Your little girls are so cute! :)

Peace and blessings to you and your family.

Kristi said...

Hope everything is going well with y'all! I have been praying for you and this pregnancy and your family! Have a great week and weekend!