Saturday, August 8, 2009

There's just one thing...

There's just one thing Amanda does not like sharing with Christiana. "Her" spot wrapped up on Mama's back. She doesn't mind if the baby is wrapped on front, but when I lay the wrap on my bed to prepare to get Iana on my back, I hear lots of excited chatter and hand gestures. I have been able to distract her by wrapping a baby doll on her back but this time she just wanted to be wrapped up instead. She began twisting the wrap around herself.
So, I obliged and settled for this configuration. This was how I wore the girls through airport security and on the tram to our terminal in Orlando. I wrapped Amanda on my back while Mike unloaded the suitcases. Then I put Christiana in the pouch and finished helping Mike pack the carseats into their bag. Then when we got over to the kiosk to check out luggage, I looked around in a panic because I couldn't find Amanda. Pregnancy brain strikes again!
Wearing Amanda on my back is very tiring and puts uncomfortable pressure on my queasy stomach so I may just need to graduate her out of the wrap. Too bad, so sad.
I'm sure I'll look like this quite often after February. Christiana will be the baby on back and our little tie-breaker will be on front.

7 comments:

MoziEsmé said...

Such a cute configuration, though! Glad you at least got a photo of it...

e&e said...

OH, Katie, you look beautiful. And so do your girls. Quite a feat to be carrying THREE babies like that!
elisa

Nicole Marie said...

WOW! Love it!

Michelle said...

That's hilarious that you couldn't find her. Sounds like me during pregnancy. Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I don't blame you for being leery of hospital birth due to the exact things I experienced. If I wasn't such a worry wart I would want to give birth at home. But I am WAY not brave enough.

My toddler hated the car seat, too, and wound up growing out of it as we could entertain her with singing and stuff like that. I'll be honest, right now we are attempting to entertain the baby with Baby Einstein videos. :) Desperation.

I really respect your position on your husband's leadership of your house. My sister is supposed to be sending me the Helpmeet book, and I am excited to read it and see how it blesses my marriage. I am quite strong-willed, so it will be a challenge to implement.

Okay, I've written quite enough.

Jessie said...

I love the baby wearing. I so wanted to wear Sylas K but he would have none of it. I tried all different wraps and pouches but he would not go for it. Your little ones are adorable! Such beautiful girls. Sylas was actually born on 3/21/08 so he is close in age to your daughter. I love your blog! Will be back soon!

Jessie

Nancy said...

so cute!

momto9 said...

baby carriers are the greatest!! I've used mine many times....though never with 2 babies:)