Thursday, May 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Power Balls

Mike brought me home a recipe card and ask me to make these for him. I'm always happy to oblige especially when it involves a new way to use the 25 pounds of oats we keep on hand.

2-3 cups of rolled oats
2 cups of natural peanut butter, give or take
1 cup of honey or agave nectar
A bit of freeze-dried coconut and powdered sugar
In the blender, grind the oats on high into coarse flour. Blend peanut butter and honey in a large bowl. Add oat flour and stir. Form 2 inch balls and roll in the coconut and powdered sugar. Refridgerate. They will keep for up to a week. They never last that long at our house.
This is a great project to make with Amanda because it's quick, simple and there are no raw eggs involved!

4 comments:

Scott, Joanna, Matthew said...

Sounds and Looks yummy!

MoziEsmé said...

That looks pretty easy and yummy! Thanks for the recipe...

Michelle said...

I'm going to have to try these. Where do you store your oats? I only buy 10# at a time because I don't want it to get buggy on me.

momto9 said...

oh...another one I can use!! Thank you!