Monday, May 4, 2009

My Fearless Climber

Amanda was quite the climbing fool today. Usually when we go the park, she starts out very reserved just watching all the other kids run around. She was following one little girl in particular who came over to this climbing section of the park. The little girl invited Amanda to climb up with her and her mother said, "No, she's too little."
Amanda didn't agree and proceeded to climb up the bars. I helped her when she got to higher rungs and she fell through the bottom rungs a couple of times. The bumped chin didn't deter her and time after time she climbed to the top again.

At the top, she wanted me to help her slip down through the bars so she could hang by her arms and swing and kick her legs.

She would hang there happily until her arms got tired and then she dropped to the ground a few inches belong her feet.

We've heading out to the park on many afternoons when the boys are done with school, Amanda has awoken from her nap and the neighbor boys are home from school. We like to pack the van full of as many friends from the neighborhood as possible. It's a great time of day to get out of the house and enjoy the warm weather. It makes those long afternoon hours go quickly and enjoyably. Plus, it keeps the boys from tearing up the lawn playing "Seven Steps" around our house!

5 comments:

e&e said...

Oh, she looks so happy and delightful. I can't wait to see her soon!
elisa

Michelle said...

So, do you thing she has the personality of "if you say I can't do it, I'll prove to you I can". Love the photo of her hanging and swinging her feet!

Good Mommy said...

She is absolutely beautiful and I am glad that God gave her to you. You have been blessed. What joy!!!All of your children are beautiful!Have you thought about adopting more?

NISHANT NISCHAL said...

Little Amanda looks very happy and full of delightment. I landed here through your comment on my blog. I'm glad that you liked my pics. Your blog looks beautiful. I'm certainly going to go read your older posts. Thanks a lot for sharing. It gives a lot of joy when someone takes out a bit of time to post a comment. So thanks again. Take care. xxx.

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for your prayers. Your children are beautiful! :)