Thursday, April 30, 2009

Potty Signs

Infant potty training is not the same as toddler potty training. When you begin training a speaking child, you are considered successful in potty training when you child tells you prior making a mess, "I need to go potty!"

With infant potty training, you are considered successful when you learn to read you child's natural signals at get them to the potty quickly. For example, if you ask your toddler to dance and instead she squats and turns away from you, you don't assume she's being stubborn but instead put down the camera and rush her to the potty.
Amanda is using hand signals more frequently to tell me if she needs to go, but I still rely heavily on reading her other cues.

2 comments:

e&e said...

Was she diaper-less? And did she make it?
ele

Charndra @ Part Time Diaper Free said...

Hi Mike and Katie,
I just found your blog. It's great to see you are documenting your IPT / EC journey with Amanda.

I'd like to invite you to visit my site and I'd LOVE to share your story on my section called
"Adventures in Part Time Pottying!"

Charndra
(I'm in Australia)