Monday, February 9, 2009

The Hairy Truth-Not Me!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I certainly have NOT tried to give the impression that I know how to manage my daughter's beautiful riot of black curls by never posting or even taking pictures of her hair in it's most common state.


I did NOT devote an entire shopping trip to searching for new hair supplies.



I certainly do NOT spend our family Bible time braiding Amanda's hair for bedtime.

And I'm definitely NOT enjoying braiding, brushing, moisturizing, and arranging my first daughter's beautiful tresses. Nope, not me, not one little bit.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Good job with the hair. Her little braids are so cute to me. I'll have to send you some pictures of Jamison's real hair days. We had many!

blueviolet said...

She's so beautiful! My daughter had hair just like that! She still does but she can do it by herself now. ;)

The Other K Wick said...

Your daughter is too cute. I had hair very much like that as a kid. You'll get the hang of it. Besides she's young enough that you won't look like "That mom" if she has wild hair.

e&e said...

Thank you for FINALLY posting the hair pics! And hey...I recognize that dress. I'll have to post Mari in the matching dress soon.
ele

MckMama said...

Hey, I can't say I'd do any better. Kudos for posting these. She's a doll baby not matter what her hair looks like...and I think it's downright adorable!!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Just darling!

Dionne Sincire said...

Hey Katie, I'm sorry to hear that that managing your daughters hair has been such hair raising experience. LIfe your friends have suggested you'll get better with practice.

As for your question, unfortunately, you're very limited on options for cinching a beaded hair style--and all of them end with the word band. However, plastic bands are a lot easier on the hair follicles.

I'm planning on posting a series of braiding videos just for you on my blog. I feel you frustration, and the truth is that it took me years to learn how to do my children's hair. Luckily, my mother began teaching me when I was 8, and I practiced on my little sister's hair.

Hang in there Momma! Looking at all of the blog comments, it looks like you have a really soft place to land when things become overwhelming.